Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's all nerd in the family

Hey guys, this is Michael again. Sorry for the delay in posts but it has been really busy. I come from a family filled with nerds and I found out that one of my cousins that I feel falls gracefully into this category is my cousin Matthew. Matthew, I found out, has become quite the journalist and is working for an online newspaper called the TheLeakyWiki.com . I will be posting an article of his from time to time and I think it will make a fantastic addition to the the website. Now without further ado is Matthew's Warp Zone Nerd debut.

[if you like the following article, find more by Matthew and others at TheLeakyWiki.com ]

George Lucas to Remaster, Ruin Indiana Jones Trilogy

Written by Matthew Kahn
George Lucas to Remaster, Ruin Indiana Jones Trilogy

Hollywood, CA-George Lucas created shockwaves throughout the entertainment industry last night, with the announcement of his planned “remastering” of the original Indiana Jones trilogy. Lucas cited the poor quality of digital animation technologies at the time the films were made as one of the main reasons for the project. An excerpt from Lucas’s announcement reads:

"You remember the Nazi monkey in Raiders? Stevie [Spielberg] and I wanted him to ride a tiny motorcycle, but good luck getting him to stay on for more than two seconds. And remember the chase scene in the mines in Temple of Doom. How awesome would that be in 3D?"

Lucas also referenced the artistic and financial success of the remastered Star Wars films as justification for the upcoming release.

Fans are not all on Lucas’s side, however. Toby Mitchellson, 43, reported, “There is nothing he could do to make the movies better. I mean, he could get rid of Short Round. But, besides that, he’d just be messing with perfection. I hate the fact that I’m going to buy these.”

No comments:

Post a Comment