Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spain, Pancakes & Zombies...wait, what?

Hello all. This is Michael all the way over here in Plasencia, Spain. Right now I'm in a flat with a German, a Scot, a New Mexican and an Oregonian. Pretty soon we will be joined by a Minnesotan and a Espanoles from Sevilla. We are living the life in Spain...and by living the life I mean after finishing the viewing of another fantastic sunset, we are about to have a pancake dinner and watch a fĂștbol match between Real Madrid vs AC Milan. Yes we are living the good life. Meanwhile, we are teaching kids of various ages, drinking what I call concentrated coffee and enjoying it.

Also, as a side-note, I've been getting familiar with Steam. Yes, I've finally been pressured into it and I have been enjoying it. So, yes, I suppose this will be my review of Steam and the games I've been playing.

STEAM: So I am completely in love with Steam. They are fantastic with supplying great video games for great prices. Seriously, I just got a 34.00 Euro Package of Monkey Island games for 4.00 Euros. What's also great about it is that it remembers the games you bought. If you loose your laptop and/or buy another one then you can just re-install it without having to purchase it again.
It works great as a communication forum too. I am able to keep in touch with friends and can use it as a form of Skype with other Steam users. It also let's you do status updates without the 140 word limit 8P.
Final thing I'll talk about that I love about Steam, is that they'll update your games automatically for you. For example, it automatically added The Sacrifice DLC in L4D and L4D2!

PORTAL: I replayed Portal and it reminded me why it is one of my favorite games. The game-play and the physics of it is incredible. Cake anyone?

Left 4 Dead: Yes, I finally played through the whole game and I loved it. The game-play, single player and co-op, is amazing. In involves fantastic teamwork, strategy and a certain amount of badassery (yes, I actually said it!) that's hard to achieve in any game. Oh, and the zombies in this are scary as, cue the shift key and number line, !@#$.

Left 4 Dead 2: Same as above but even better. There are more and scarier zombies. Plus I played some versus for the first time which was amazing. I didn't think I'd enjoy playing as the zombies that much but I did...oh I did...

L4D 1 & 2: Co-Op Mode: So, I've been playing L4D with my two good friends Chase, who your familiar with from this blog and our show, and Justin. I was heavily impressed with how smooth it ran. It has a very good controller system to work with your character, control that one idiot bot and communicate with each other verbally. It turned out to be one of the most interesting gaming experience I've ever had.

L4D The Sacrifice Comic: IT WAS FANTASTIC! I'm usually not a fan of video game comics but whoever made this one knew what they were doing. It is very character based, managed to take lines from the game without it being corny and added so many dimensions to characters we already enjoyed. If you've played L4D I highly recommend you read it on the L4D website.

Well, that's all for me tonight. Hope you have a fantastic day. I'll talk to you all later.

Representing the Nerdverse here in Spain, this is Michael saying let your inner nerd show. Shalom out...oh, and nerd out too 8P

SPANISH TV LINE OF THE WEEK!:
Hola, me llamo McLoovin'

Google Pic of the Week of where I'm at:
Placensia, Spain - Plaza Mayor

No comments:

Post a Comment